Monday, September 28, 2009

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
-- Barry LePatner

4 Comments:

Tú Phình said...

My answer is:
"Phán đoán đúng xuất phát từ kinh nghiệm, và kinh nghiệm là kết quả của những phán đoán tồi"
About this quote, I think about the scientist Edixon. He had lost thousands experiments to have an idea: "using hair to make lamp". In an other hand, he couldn't have that experience naturally. Where did it come from, the answer is that he got it from his mistakes.
I also remember a sentence of a famous person (I don't remember his name) that: "A successful man has made more mistakes than a failed man". I think it's true in most cases.
So, we shouldn't worry about mistakes, we should find out why we make mistake and get experience from that. With exprience we have, we can archieve succes. I think that's the main idea this quote wants to mention.
How's your opinion about my comment and this quote, guys?

mi mi said...

Phán đoán đúng đến từ kinh nghiệm, và kinh nghiệm đến từ phán đoán sai. I can tell it in another way: " Ta chỉ làm đúng khi biết mình đã làm sai." So, don't be disappointed or ashamed when you have a mistake. All successful things are created from correcting your mistakes. Is it a long or short process? It depends on yourself.

mi mi said...

I've translated "optimist's creed". I think it's related to this quote. I read the story about Edison Tu mentioned. I'm going to tell you the story in details. Edison tried 2000 different materials to invent bulb. After 2000 times not succeed, his assistance complained: " We did 2000 experiments. It's so desperate." However, in this condition, Edison said confidently: " We've learned many things from that. Now,we know that there are 2000 materials not suitable to make a bulb." It's amazing, huh!
When you look at a glass containing water in a half, what do you think? You should think that "a half of glass has water" instead that " a half of glass has not water".Is the way of thinking make you become a great person? I think. it's right. Positive outlook always is a helpful tool in every situation.

toan said...

Phán đoán / nhận xét đúng là do có kinh nghiệm, và có kinh nghiệm là do đã từng sai lầm.