Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tell Tommy, I Miss Him (1960)

Tell Tommy, I Miss Him (by Skeeter Davis)
(This is the reply song to "Tell Laura, I Love Her")


Tommy, my sweet heart, is gone now.
He's up in the heaven, somewhere.
So, little star high above,
If you see Tommy, tell him of my love.

'Tell Tommy I love him.
Tell Tommy I miss him.
Tell him though I may cry,
My love for him will never die.'

He drove his car in that stock car race
To win money so we could wed.
He wanted so much
To make me his wife.
Now our love lives on
Though he lost his life.

I'm so lonely without him near.
Oh, how I miss his warm embrace.
I love no other,
I want him to know.
Oh, little star,
Please tell him so,

'Tell Tommy I love him.
Tell Tommy I miss him.
Tell him though I may cry,
My love for him will never die.'

Although he wanted to give me the world
Why did he do such a reckless thing?
Little star, he should have realized
I was richer than a queen
When he looked into my eyes.

'Tell Tommy I love him.
Tell Tommy I miss him.
Tell him though I may cry,
My love for her will never die.

Tell Tommy I miss him."

# # #

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tell_Laura_I_Love_Her

0 Comments: